Canada/US: 1-877-277-7765 | International: +508-41-00-00 | SPM: 05-08-41-00-00

Identification Requirements

Required documents to enter Saint-Pierre et Miquelon

According to current international and French regulations, an air carrier must deny boarding to any passenger not holding proper travel documents: passport, ID card, birth certificate, travel visa, etc. requested by the country of transit, of stopover, or of destination.

Required documents to enter Saint-Pierre et Miquelon according to the nationality of the passenger are as follows:

  • Nationals of European countries: a valid passport as well as their eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization), both mandatory for transit within Canada). For French and EU nationals traveling on direct flights Paris – Saint-Pierre – Paris; the National ID card is also accepted.
  • Canadian citizens: a valid passport or, for stays of less than 90 days and arriving directly from Canada, an official government issued photo identification card: Driver’s license or driver’s license “plus”; a provincial identification card or provincial identification card “plus”; a secure certificate of Indian status issued after December 15, 2009; a Permanent Resident Card.
  • All other nationalities: a valid passport with or without visa depending on the nationality.
  • Babies and children must either have their own passport or photo ID and birth certificate.

If in doubt, please contact the Saint-Pierre immigration office:

From North America: From France:
Telephone: 011.508.41.15.55 Telephone:
Fax: 011.508.41.24.79 Fax:


Required documents to (re-)enter Canada

Canadian authorities require international carriers to submit information regarding identity (nationality, date of birth, passport number or driver’s licence number) of all passengers. In order to facilitate the process, you are kindly requested to provide this information to your travel agent or airline at time of booking. Pax Notification

  • Canadian citizens only: If traveling without a passport, an official government issued photo identification card (i.e.: driver’s licence*) and birth certificate proving Canadian nationality is required to return to Canada.
  • French nationals residing in Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon and traveling directly from Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon : the passport is preferred but a national identification card is also accepted.
  • All other nationalities: a valid passport with or without visa depending on the nationality.

*Some provincial motor registration offices offer an ID card for individuals who do not possess a driver’s licence or are under the legal driving age; please contact your local motor registration office for more details.

**If you are not sure if you require a visa, please contact Citizen and Immigration Canada:

From in Canada Only:
Toll Free : 1-888-242-2100
Website: Citizen and Immigration Canada

If you are calling outside of Canada, please refer to their website to find out what office you need to contact. Also found here is a complete list of what countries require visas to enter Canada.

**If in doubt you may also contact Canada Border Services Agency:

From North America: From France (Service in French & English):
Toll Free French: 1-800-989-2036 Telephone : 001.204.983.3500
Toll Free English: 1-800-461-9999 Alternate: 001.506.636.5064

Last updated: June 8, 2021