Canada/US: 1-877-277-7765 | International: +508-41-00-00 | SPM: 05-08-41-00-00

Flying to Canada? Entry rules are changing.

Canada is introducing a new entry requirement, known as an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to or transiting through Canada by air. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travelers with a valid visa*.

Starting August 1, 2015, eligible travelers can apply online for an eTA. On March 15, 2016, this new requirement will become mandatory and travelers will need an eTA before they can board their flight to Canada. To find out more, visit


* Saint-Pierre and Miquelon (SPM) residents :

  • French citizens who only reside on SPM will also be exempt from these new rules while entering in or transiting through Canada directly from SPM.
  • Attention : An eTA will be required for those same citizens who have stayed in France or any other foreign countries who must transit through Canada again when returning to SPM.

eTA video : Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA): What you need to know.

Apply for an eTA online : Click here to apply.