Air Saint-Pierre was created on March 6th, 1964.
From June and October, Operation “Pool” with Eastern Provincial Airways using a DC3 was established offering service between Saint-Pierre and Sydney, NS.
For the rest of the year, charters were provided upon demand, using small Canadian planes.
- 1965 – The first Aztec was acquired and commissioned.
- 1966 – Acquisition of an Aztec C (F-OCIF).
Maintenance contract with E.P.A.
On May 29th, Mr. Albert Briand, P.D.G. founder, passed away.
- 1971/74 – The Saint-Pierre/Sydney route was put into operation using a Beech E18S and a DC-3.
- 1976 – The DC-3 was put into retirement, and replaced with the HS-748.
- 1979 – The Saint-Pierre/Miquelon route was opened.
The Saint-Pierre/Halifax (HS748) route was opened in “pool” with E.P.A.
- 1981 – Acquisition and commission the Chieftain F-OBYN.
Maintenance contract with Fundy Aviation.
- 1986 – Acquisition and commission of the HS-748 (F-OSPM) rented by Air Saint-Pierre, nicknamed “Ville de Saint-Pierre” or “Town of Saint-Pierre”.
- 1987 – July 1st, maintenance was transferred to Saint-Pierre and the Saint-Pierre/Montreal route was opened.
- 1990 – Acquisition and commission of a second HS-748 (F-ODTX), nicknamed “Ile de Miquelon” or “Island of Miquelon”.
- 1994 – On January 19th, the ATR 42-320 (F-OHGL) was acquired and commissioned, nicknamed “Albert Briand”.
- 1995 – The end of the year, the two HS-748 were sold to be operated in Africa.
- 1996 – On September 25th, the Saint-Pierre/St. John’s route was opened offering 3 flights per week with the ATR.
- 2001 – In July, the Saint-Pierre/Moncton route was opened using the ATR-42, with a weekly flight during the summer months.
- 2003 – The Cessna F-406 (F-OSPJ) was acquired and commissioned.
- 2004 – In October, the Chieftain F-OBYN was retired.
- 2005 – In September, the Chieftain F-OBYN was sold to be operated in Canada.
- 2009 – On October 21st, an ATR 42-500 (F-OFSP) was acquired and commissioned.
- 2009 – In November, the ATR 42-320 (F-OHGL) was sold to be operated in Honduras.
- 2012 – In January, the majority of the shares of Air Saint-Pierre was acquired by the SPM AERO SERVICES Compnay. It was created by two employees with extensive knowledge of the company as both contain more than 20 years experience within the company:
– Claudio Detcheverry focuses on Quality and Management.
– Benoit Olano is the new President, grand-son of the founder of the company, Mr. Albert Briand, succeeding his uncle after more than 44 years, Mr. Remy Briand.
Their priorities are fueled by a desire to ensure the continuity and the consolidation of the already existing strong foundations of the company. The optimal goal is therefore to ensure the “sustainability ” of the company.